What is Zirabev?
Zirabev is prescribed to adults on its own or in conjunction with chemotherapy treatment options to combat certain kinds of brain tumors and certain kinds of kidney cancers in the liver, lung, rectum, colon, ovary, cervix, or fallopian tube.
Zirabev can also be used to treat cancer of the membranes that line the internal organs of the abdomen. It is usually prescribed as a component of a mix of chemotherapy medications.Zenbev could be prescribed for other purposes that are not mentioned in this guide.
Side effects of Zirabev
See a doctor immediately. Get medical attention immediately if you show symptoms that are warning signs of an allergic reaction, such as hives, difficulty breathing, or swelling of your lips, face, or tongue.
There are some side effects that can happen during the course of the injection. Contact your doctor immediately if you feel dizzy, nauseated, lightheaded, or sweaty. Or if you experience a headache, chest tightness, back discomfort, breathing problems, or swelling of your face.
Zirabev could cause a very serious, yet rare, neurologic disorder that affects your cerebral Symptoms may occur within a matter of hours following the first dose or not show up until one year after treatment began. Consult your doctor immediately if you notice: extreme weakness or fatigue, headache, blurred vision, fainting, or seizures (blackouts or convulsions).
Zirabev may cause bleeding more easily. Contact your doctor or seek medical attention in an emergency when you suffer from:
- Bleeding, bleeding that is unusual, or any bleeding that won't stop;
- Indications for bleeding inside your digestive tract, such as severe stomach pain and bloody or tarry stool bleeding blood, coughing up blood, or vomit that resembles coffee grounds.
- Symptoms of bleeding in the brain, such as sudden weakness or numbness. Trouble speaking, headaches that are severe, and problems with vision balance.
Certain people who take Zirabev have suffered perforations (a tear or hole) as well as a fistula (an abnormal passageway) in the throat, stomach, intestines, lungs, gallbladder, bladder, kidneys, or vagina. Contact your doctor if you experience severe stomach pain or if you feel like you're in a choking situation after eating or drinking.
Contact your doctor if you suffer from:
- Slow wound healing
- Skin disease and open sores
- Missed menstrual period;
- Kidney problems: swelling, fewer urinations, and feeling tired or exhausted;
- Symptoms of a blood clot: chest pain, a sudden cough or breath shortness, dizziness, bleeding from the chest, swelling, pain, or a feeling of warmth on one side of the leg.
- Heart issues: chest pressure or pain, expanding into your shoulder or jaw, nausea, sweating, swelling, weight gain that is rapid, feeling tired,
- Low white blood cell count Low white blood cell counts high fever, mouth sores, open sores in the skin, painful throat, cough,
The treatment for cancer may be delayed or discontinued permanently in the event of certain negative side effects.
Common negative side effects of Zirabev could be:
- Elevated blood pressure
- Back pain, headaches;
- Eye dryness or wateriness;
- Flaky or dry skin;
- Stuffy nose, runny nose, sneezing,
- Taste perception is altered.
This is not a comprehensive list of possible side effects, and others could happen. Consult your physician to seek medical advice on the effects. You can report any adverse reactions to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Zirabev may make it easier for you to get a blood clot. Make sure to seek medical attention in an emergency in the event of bleeding that isn't stopping. It could also be a sign of internal bleeding in your body.
Before you take this drug
It is possible that you will not be able to take Zirabev in the event that you are treated by other cancer drugs like doxorubicin or daunorubicin or if you've had or had
- Cancer of the ovary that manifests as severe stomach pain and pelvic pain
- Slow healing for a wound or surgical incision
- Surgery in the last four weeks (28 days);
- You are planning to undergo surgery in the next 4 months (28 days) or
- The vomit or blood that is thrown up looks like the coffee grounds.
Speak to your doctor if you have ever suffered from:
- Heart conditions, like heart problems like heart attack, stroke, and blood clots or a blood clotting disorder.
- High blood pressure;
- Bleeding or perforation (a tear or hole) within your stomach, in your intestines,
- Kidney disease.
Could harm the unborn baby. Do not take this medication, Zirabev, if you are pregnant. It is possible to require an ultrasound test to be sure you're not expecting. Utilize the most effective contraception during the use of Zirabev as well as for at least six months following the last dose. Contact your doctor right away when you fall pregnant.
Zirabev can cause women's ovaries to stop functioning properly. Ovarian failure symptoms include the absence of three or more menstrual cycles over a period of time. It could be more difficult to become pregnant when you are using Zirabev and following this treatment. Discuss with your physician your particular risk.
Avoid breastfeeding while taking this medication or for at least 6 months following the last dose.
How to take Zirabev?
Zirabev can be given as an injection into the vein. Your healthcare provider will offer the injection.
Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you are feeling lightheaded, dizzy, nauseated, sweaty, have a headache, have shortness of breath, or have chest pain after the injection.Zirabev is typically given once every 2 to 3 weeks.Doses are determined by weight. Your dose may change if you gain or lose weight.
There is a possibility that you will require frequent medical tests, and the treatment for cancer could be delayed based on the results.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Contact your doctor for advice in the event that you don't make an appointment to get your Zirabev.
What happens if I overdose?
In a medical environment, the overdose is immediately treated.
Avoid activities that increase the chance of injury or bleeding. Be extra careful when shaving or scrubbing your teeth.
Interaction with other drugs
Inform your doctor about any other cancer treatments that you are receiving.
Other drugs can also impact Zirabev. Other medications can affect Zirabev, including prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and herbal products. Inform your physician about any other medications you take.