What are Abacavir Sulfate Tablets?
Abacavir Sulfate Tablets are a type of oral medicine used in treating HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) disease. Abacavir is a form of its sulfate salt, is classed as an antiretroviral medication, and is part of the class of Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors (NRTIs). The tablets are used to stop the reproduction of viruses.
- Hypersensitivity symptoms that are severe, including possibly life-threatening reactions, have been linked to using abacavir Sulfate. It is suggested to examine the genetics before starting treatment to determine if you are at risk of developing this type of reaction.
- If symptoms of hypersensitivity develop (fever and nausea, rash, and abdominal discomfort), Stop abacavir Sulfate immediately. Don't reintroduce.
Before You Start this medication: Before starting Abacavir Sulfate Tablets, tell your physician about any medical issues you may have, like kidney disease, liver disease, or any previous prior history of allergies to drugs.
How to Take Abacavir Sulfate Tablets?
- Abacavir Sulfate tablets are usually consumed orally, either in combination with or without food, according to your physician's prescription.
- Follow the doctor's advice concerning dosage and time.
Specifics on Dosage:
The dose for Abacavir Sulfate Tablets is decided by your doctor according to factors such as your health history, weight as well as any other medication you may take.
What Happens If I Don't Take a Dose?
If you miss the dose, you should do it as quickly as you can remember. If it's getting just before the date for your next dose, don't take the dose you missed and proceed following your usual dosing regimen.
What Happens If I Overdose?
In case of an overdose, you must seek medical attention right away. Some symptoms of an overdose include vomiting, nausea, fatigue, nausea, and difficulty sleeping.
What Should be Avoided?
- Please don't stop taking Abacavir Sulfate Tablets without consulting your physician, as it may result in decreased efficiency in HIV treatment.
- Beware of drinking alcohol while you take this medicine since it could increase the chance of adverse effects.
Abacavir Sulfate Tablets Side Effects Abacavir Sulfate Tablets,
Moderate Effects Commonly, minor side effects can be:
Negative Effects: Serious adverse effects could be a result of:
- Hypersensitivity reaction (fever and rash), nausea, vomiting, abdominal discomfort)
- Lactic acidosis (unusual muscles pain, trouble breathing, and stomach discomfort)
- Liver problems (jaundice, dark urine, abdominal pain)
Interaction with Other Drugs:
Inform your physician about any medicines you take, such as over-the-counter and herbal supplements. Abacavir Sulfate Tablets may interact with other drugs, specifically those impacting the liver and kidneys.