What is Nasalcrom nasal?
Nasalcrom helps by preventing the release of chemicals in the body that trigger inflammation.Nasalcrom (for the nose) is used to treat or alleviate allergy symptoms like runny nasal passages, stuffy or irritated noses, nasal congestion, and irritation.
Nasalcrom does not treat manifestations associated with asthma, sinus infections, or the common cold.Nasalcrom can also be used for reasons not mentioned in this guideline.
Side effects of Nasalcrom nasal
See a doctor immediately. Get medical attention immediately if you notice symptoms that are warning signs of an allergic response, such as hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of your lips, face, and tongue.
Do not use Nasalcrom and consult your physician if you are suffering from:
- Extreme burning, stinging, or irritation of your nose;
- Nasal bleeding, sinus pain, or sores that appear in your nose.
- You'll be wheezing and feeling tight inside your chest
- Yellow or green mucus is emitted from the nose.
Common side effects could be a mild stinging in your nose following use.
It's not a comprehensive listing of all possible adverse consequences, but other effects might occur. See your doctor for medical advice about adverse effects. You can report adverse reactions to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Follow all the instructions on your prescription label and the package. Be sure to inform your healthcare professionals about your medical issues, allergies, and any medications you take.
Before you take this drug
You shouldn't take Nasalcrom if you are allergic to it.
Speak with a pharmacist or doctor about whether it is safe to take this medicine in the event of any other medical condition, including:
- Wheezing or breathing problems;
- Chemical allergies;
- A fever
- Mucus in the nasal passages can be green or yellow.
Do not utilize Nasalcrom without a prescription from a doctor if you are expecting or breastfeeding a baby.Don't give the medication to children less than 2 years old without medical guidance.
How to Take Nasalcrom Nasal?
Take it exactly as indicated on the label or as directed by your physician. Don't use in greater quantities than suggested or for longer periods than suggested.
This medication is best taken during allergy season or at least a week before coming into contact with substances that trigger an allergic reaction (pollen dust, pet dander, and more).Nasalcrom is generally administered in the form of a spray that is sprayed into each nostril once every 4 to 6 hours. Don't use this medication more than six times within 24 hours.
Make use of Nasalcrom only when you come into contact with substances that trigger your allergic symptoms. Don't use this medication for more than 12 consecutive months without a physician's recommendation.
To apply the spray for nasal use:
- Blow your nose gently Keep your head straight and place the tip of the bottle in your nostril. Make sure your other nostril is closed by using your fingers. Breathe quickly and slowly, spraying the medication through your nose. You can then spray the other nostril.
- Don't use your nose to blow for several minutes following the application of the spray to your nose.
- When the solution gets into your mouth, eyes, and skin, wash it off with water.
- After you have used the nasal spray, clean the tip using hot water, or clean it off with an unclean tissue and repeat. Do not let water get into the tip of the spray.
Consult your physician if your symptoms don't improve after two weeks of therapy or if they become worse.Don't share nasal sprays with someone you know. Sharing the nasal spray bottle could let diseases or infections transfer from one person to another.
Keep the bottle at room temperature, far from heat, moisture, and light. Cap the bottle when not in use.
What happens If I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose when you remember. Do not take your missed dose if you are nearing the time for the next dose. Don't use any extra medication to make up for the missed dose.
What happens If I overdose?
For medical emergencies, seek emergency medical attention or contact the Poison Help line toll-free at 1-800-222-1222.
What should be avoided?
Wash your eyes with water. If Nasalcrom is in your eyes.
Interaction with other drugs
Other medications can interact with Cromolyn sodium, which includes prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Be sure to inform your healthcare providers about the medications you are currently taking and any medicines you take or stop taking.