A border line personality disorder as shown by its name it’s a personality disorder in which a person feels difficult control and regulate his/her emotions and also on their feelings that’s why it is called breadline personality disorder the emotional state of these person with personality disorder is at the border and anytime their emotions will change and they act according to what they feel. These patients don’t follow logic only when the feel they will act on their intrusive thoughts. Their morality level becomes low and they follow only illogical and destructive thoughts. E.g., if a you met a person with BPD if he doesn’t like you so he will immediately start beating you and don’t control his emotions same with women because this disorder mostly present in women. A person with BPD always feels insecure about his personality and life always live in a state of fear.
Many women’s starts fighting on a very simple matters because their mood is disorder and won’t be able to control their emotions also there are many women who have sluiced due to borderline personality disorder, there are different people who are murderers and diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.
Total 1.5% population in America is suffering from BPD it is not so common but can be so much harmful and death causing disorder. When a person feels irritated and won’t be able to control his emotions, he will definitely be so much irritated and distorted from his life. There are many persons who are currently facing this issue and don’t have a clue that they are suffering from this disorder because of that we have to get knowledge about BPD and after that we will be able to help ourself and others who are suffering from this disease.
What are the causes of BPD?
There are many various causes which can affect the person with BPD also these causes are the most main reason of BPD which are given following;
- Genetics: Only genetics are the most prime cause of BPD because it seems from many researchers that if a person’s father or mother have faced the issue of BPD is more likely that the child will develop then bpd in his adult age also many cases seen today of bpd mostly when there’s a family history of bpd so this is also a fact which verify that the BPD occurs due to genetical factors.
- Facing stressful events and trauma: If you are facing issues which are very stressful and traumatic events for a longer period of time it is more likely you to develop BPD.
- Hormonal changes are also a major cause of BPD because when hormone changes your mood changes also so BPD related to mood disorders.
What are the most common symptoms of borderline personality disorder?
The following are the most common causes of BPD:
- Self-harming behaviors, like cutting
- A pattern of unstable and intense relationship with family, friends’ important others, as well as others who are loved by them
- Self-image that is unstable and disorganized
- Insane behaviors, like the indulgence of spending money, a risky sexual interactions alcohol consumption, binge eating reckless driving, among other impulsive behaviors, such as spending sprees, reckless driving, binge eating or
- The feeling of emptiness that won’t disappear
- Difficulty trusting people and an unfounded anxiety about what others have in mind
- Anger issues. These can be irrational, intense or problems with regulating anger
- Feeling disconnected from your body
- Rapidly changing moods, and intense.
- Suicide-related thoughts, or even threats
Is BPD Genetic?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a condition with a major genetic element. Studies suggest that people who have the family background or a family history of BPD as well as other disorders of mood such as bipolar disorder or depression could be at greater risk. Family and twin studies have found a genetic factor however it’s not only genetic. Environmental factors may can also be a factor. Certain genes that are associated with BPD risk aren’t known yet, however it’s likely that there is to be a complicated interplay of several genes. Although genetic factors can increase susceptibility but external factors, such as childhood neglect or trauma could also trigger the formation of BPD.
What are the treatments of borderline personality disorder?
The treatment for BPD is a complex process that (BPD) generally involves the use of multimodal approaches, which include therapy, medication as well as support. The most common treatment methods are following:
Psychotherapy is the foundation for BPD treatment. Psychotherapy called Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is considered to be the most effective, and is focused on emotional regulation as well as the ability to tolerate distress, interpersonal effectiveness as well as mindfulness. The Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment (CBT) or Schema-Focused therapy can be useful.
Medication is frequently used to treat certain symptoms of BPD like the occurrence of mood fluctuations, anger and depression. Antidepressants, mood stabilizers and antipsychotic medicines can be prescribed, however they’re not an individual treatment and should be taken together with therapy.
group therapy may be helpful for those suffering from BPD. It offers a safe and supportive space to practice interpersonal skills and sharing experiences.
Individual counseling assists in addressing personal issues. It also provides place to focus on particular issues related to BPD.
Mindfulness and meditation
These methods are frequently incorporated in therapy to assist people to become more conscious of their feelings and reactions helping to regulate their emotions.
In the most severe of instances, hospitalization is essential to protect the health of the person and offer a specialized therapy.
Self-help and self-care
Inspiring individuals to establish healthy self-care routines that include exercise food, nutrition, and adequate sleep can help complement traditional treatment.
The inclusion of family members in therapy could help improve understanding and provide support to people with Bedsores Management Understanding strategies to reduce stress can aid in managing emotional reactivity.
Substance Abuse Treatment
If there is co-occurring drug abuse treating it is essential to ensure effective BPD treatment.
BPD is an ongoing illness which is why long-term treatment is vital. Patients are able to continue therapy and medication as they need to. Crisis planning the creation of a crisis strategy in conjunction with a therapist can assist individuals in coping with extreme emotional events without resorting to self-destructive behavior.